Watch out pumpkin spice latte—there’s a new fall beverage in town, and this one’s loaded with warm, caramelized apple flavor. All you have to do is whip up a little homemade apple butter, and you’ll be well on your way to barista status.
Get the recipe for an apple butter latte:Print
- 1 ounce apple butter
- ¼ ounce maple syrup
- Pinch of sea salt
- 4 ounces milk
- 2 ounces brewed espresso
- Optional garnish: sliced apple, cinnamon stick
For an iced latte:
- Make apple butter milk: Add apple butter, maple syrup, salt, and milk into a measuring cup and mix until well combined.
- Fill a glass with ice, add in apple butter milk, and top with espresso. Add a slice of apple and a cinnamon stick for garnish.
For a hot latte:
- Steam milk, then add in apple butter, maple syrup, and salt. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour hot apple butter milk into a cup and top with espresso. Add a slice of apple and a cinnamon stick for garnish.