What do you get when you ask AI what you can make with scallions, cabbage, watermelon radish, and eggs? This delicious (and lunch-ready) cabbage pancake recipe that cooks up in no time. And looks and taste a whole lot like legit okonomiyaki!
Get the recipe for (kinda awesome) AI-Generated Cabbage Pancakes:Print
Prompt for AI: I have scallions, cabbage, watermelon radish, and eggs. Help me make lunch using these ingredients and some other pantry and fridge staples.
- 3 scallions, sliced, separating the green and white parts
- 4 cups green cabbage, shredded
- 2 watermelon radishes (or any radish), cut into thin matchsticks
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sriracha
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Stir together cabbage, watermelon radish, sliced white scallion, flour, ginger, eggs, and 1 tablespoon of soy sauce in a large bowl until well combined.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium. Add cabbage mixture. Press to flatten to cover the bottom of the pan. Cover and cook until the bottom is golden, about 8 minutes.
- Carefully flip pancake. Cook, uncovered, until bottom is golden, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter.
- Mix mayo, sriracha, and 2 teaspoons of water in a small bowl. Stir together ketchup, Worcestershire, and the remaining 1 tablespoon soy sauce in a separate small bowl.
- Drizzle sauces over the pancake and sprinkle with sliced green scallion.