The folks at ForA make delicious, plant-based butter that’s rich, creamy, and decadent, all thanks to its high-quality ingredients: cocoa butter, coconut cream, and coconut oil. (In fact, this versatile alternative is so similar to dairy butter that it’s a go-to for some Michelin-starred chefs.)
This week, ForA is landing in the shop at an exclusive discount and to celebrate, we’ve put together a decadent dessert recipe that pairs their creamy butter with juicy summer peaches and a crunchy granola topping. Get the recipe below and be sure to stock up as soon as your shopping window opens.Print
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar, divided
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup butter or vegan butter, cut into pieces, chilled
- 6 cups peaches (or any other stone fruit) berries, and/or apples, sliced
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, 1/4 cup of brown sugar, oats, and a pinch of salt. Add butter and use fingers to rub butter into the mixture until no dry spots remain.
- Toss fruit, remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar, cornstarch, pinch of salt, lemon zest, and lemon juice. Add to a 10”-12” cast iron skillet.
- Scatter oat topping over the fruit, then bake the crisp for 65-70 minutes until the peaches are bubbling and the top is golden brown. Let cool slightly before serving with yogurt, whipped cream, or vanilla ice cream.