If you asked us to count all the different types of pesto-esque sauces we make throughout the year, well, we probably couldn’t. It seems like each weekly box could inspire a new variation. The latest of which is this kale pesto. Not only is it a great way to sneak in more of those good greens, but it’s also the one we could throw together any night of the week. Chances are high we, and probably you, too, have kale and almonds on hand at all times.Print
- 1 bunch (about 2 cups) Tuscan kale, de-stemmed and roughly torn
- 1/4 cup basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus more for a thinner pesto
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Juice of 1 lemon
- In a food processor or blender, add kale, basil, garlic, Parmesan, olive oil, salt, and lemon juice. Pulse to combine.
- Add almonds and pulse until they are finely chopped. Add more olive oil until you reach the consistency of your liking. Store in a resealable container in the fridge for up to a week, or use to top pasta, pizza, or even as a dip.