You probably never went a summer as a kid without throwing back a few slushies, so why stop now? We created a refreshing cucumber and celery slushie that hits the spot in the same way, but everything about it is grown up. For starters, the ingredients are fresh. We use mint, coconut water, and lime for flavor—no fake stuff allowed. You won’t overdose on sugar, either; instead, you get a healthy dose of vitamins from honey, cucumber, and celery.Print
- 2 cups cucumber (about 1 medium cucumber), cut into 1-inch pieces and frozen
- 3 stalks celery, cut into 1-inch pieces and frozen
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 2 ounces lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 2 tablespoons honey or sweetener of choice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup coconut water (or water)
- 2 cups ice
- Gin or vodka (optional)
- Blend cucumber, celery, mint, lime juice, honey, salt, coconut water, and ice in a blender until smooth. If desired, add more coconut water for a thinner consistency. (This slushie can be made a few hours ahead, stored in a blender in the freezer, and then blended again to reincorporate.)
- Optional: To transform this slushie into a frozen cocktail, add 2 ounces of gin or vodka per person and blend again.
- Divide among glasses and garnish with celery and mint leaves. Cheers!