Celery root and red cabbage are two veggies that often go untouched. Knowing this, we threw together this crunchy slaw to get the most out of these two tricky ingredients. In fact, red cabbage is one of those veggies we get a lot of questions about. It can be a little bitter and a little tough—plus tough to incorporate into everyday recipes. This refreshing slaw (or salad!) also includes sweet apples and a simple dressing that really lets the produce be the star.Print
- 2 cups red cabbage, shredded, or finely sliced, with some leaves left whole
- 2 small apples, cored and finely sliced
- 1 cup celery root, finely sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ginger, grated
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- For the salad, toss to combine cabbage, apples, and celery root.
- For the dressing, whisk together oil, molasses, vinegar, ginger, soy, and honey. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour dressing over the salad and mix thoroughly. Serve immediately.