This one pan breakfast combines hearty potatoes, onions, and protein-rich eggs for a filling meal that can be enjoyed by everyone. If you don’t have enough potatoes on hand to fill the pan, you can substitute other root veggies like beets, parsnips, turnips, and even carrots. The options are endless for this homemade brunch!Print
Bake it and forget it is one of our favorite cooking methods for a one pan breakfast. Top roasted root veggies with poached or fried eggs and get ready to follow this simple recipe every weekend.
- 6 cups potatoes, cubed
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large red onion, diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 4 poached eggs
- Scallions, finely chopped (optional)
- Parsley, finely chopped (optional)
- Preheat open to 425°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine potatoes, garlic, and onion with olive oil, salt, pepper, and smoked paprika. Toss until evenly coated and transfer to an oven safe skillet.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes, stirring once half way, or until golden brown and fork tender.
- Remove from the oven and immediately prepare the poached eggs.
- Transfer the eggs on top of the baked veggies and garnish with parsley or scallions. Serve and enjoy!