Spring is synonymous with vibrant, herbaceous, and crunchy veggies like asparagus and radishes, which is why you’ll find them in a number of salads, frittatas, and quiches all season long. Simply roasting your spring veggies with oil, salt, and pepper is good enough, but this dish takes them to the next level with a bright, lemony miso dressing. Miso is rich in umami, so it provides a savory saltiness that pairs perfectly with the peppery radishes and earthy asparagus.Print
Roasted Asparagus and Radishes with Miso-Lemon Dressing
- Yield: 4-6 1x
- 1 bunch asparagus, cleaned and ends trimmed
- 1 bunch red radishes, cleaned, trimmed, and halved
- 2 teaspoons white or yellow miso paste
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon shallot, minced (or 1 tablespoon minced scallion or 1 teaspoon minced garlic)
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil (like grapeseed, avocado, or sunflower), plus 1 extra teaspoon for vegetables
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil (if you don’t have sesame oil, you can use the same neutral oil)
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Sunflower seeds (or, swap in your favorite nut or seed that you have in your pantry such as almonds, walnuts, cashews, sesame seeds, or pumpkin seeds), lightly toasted
- Flaky sea salt to finish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Toss asparagus and radishes, separately, with 1/2 teaspoon each of your neutral oil. Season with kosher salt and pepper. Place vegetables on cookie sheets or in baking dishes. Roast for 6-8 minutes so vegetables keep their color and still have a bit of a crisp texture.
- While vegetables are roasting, whisk together miso paste, mustard, honey, vinegar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and shallot. Slowly stream in oils while whisking, or if you have a blender or hand blender on-hand, blend in oil to emulsify. Season with kosher salt and pepper to taste.
- Over medium heat (no oil necessary), lightly toast your nut or seed of choice, shaking the pan often, until fragrant and warm, about 2-3 minutes.
- Place asparagus and radishes on a serving plate, drizzle with dressing, and top with toasted nuts/seeds. Garnish with flaky sea salt, serve, and enjoy!
I was supposed to receive asparagus in my box last week. It was an additional add on item. It was not in my box. Is this shipping separately? Or what can be done to correct this. I have emailed customer service 4 times in the last week with no response. I thought I would try here too.
Hi Kenneth, we’re sorry to hear that you didn’t receive your asparagus! These add-on items are not delivered separately and should be in your regular Misfits Market box. We are currently handling an increased number of customer service emails at the moment, but rest assured that if you’ve emailed us at email@example.com then your email is in our queue and someone will be in touch to help you as soon they can. Thank you for your patience!