Brighten up your Thanksgiving feast with this fresh salad made with oranges, radicchio, fennel, and pomegranate seeds. Sound like a lot? It just means a lot of flavor. Shallots, ginger, honey, and white wine vinegar round out the dressing, which takes each layer of this salad up a serious notch. The sweet and bitter flavors all come together in a perfect combo that will help balance out all the other hearty dishes on the table. Plus, it’ll please vegetarian and vegan eaters, too.
Get your fresh produce delivered with Misfits MarketPrint
- 3 oranges (navel, cara cara, or blood orange will work), peeled and sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 1 orange, zested and juiced (about 1/4 cup of juice)
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bulb fennel, thinly shaved with a mandoline
- 1 head radicchio, torn into large pieces
- 1/4 cup parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate arils
- In a small bowl, add 1 teaspoon orange zest with fresh orange juice. Whisk in shallots, ginger, honey, and white wine vinegar. Gradually stream in oil, whisking continuously until emulsified. Season with salt and pepper.
- On a large platter, gently toss radicchio, fennel, orange rounds, and parsley. Top with remaining pomegranate seeds and fennel fronds if desired.