Don’t have an ice cream maker? That shouldn’t stop you from experimenting with D.I.Y. frozen treats. We froze some mango from our weekly box for this recipe, but store-bought frozen mango works, too. (Heads-up: This recipe calls for a touch of vodka to keep the texture soft and scoopable!)Print
- 4 cups frozen mango chunks
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- 1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- Optional toppings: toasted coconut chips, berries, nuts
- Process mangoes, yogurt, vodka, turmeric, cardamom, salt, lime zest, lime juice, and honey in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Pour mango mixture into a metal loaf pan and place a piece of parchment paper on top, pressing directly onto surface. Freeze until sorbet is firm, about 6 hours.
- Remove sorbet from the freezer approximately 10 minutes before serving. Scoop into bowls and top with coconut chips, berries, and/or nuts. Serve and enjoy!