Don’t have an ice cream maker? That shouldn’t stop you from experimenting with D.I.Y. frozen treats. We froze some mango from our weekly box for this recipe, but store-bought frozen mango works, too. (Heads-up: This recipe calls for a touch of vodka to keep the texture soft and scoopable!)Print
Mango Lassi Sorbet
- 4 cups frozen mango chunks
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons vodka
- 1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- Optional toppings: toasted coconut chips, berries, nuts
- Process mangoes, yogurt, vodka, turmeric, cardamom, salt, lime zest, lime juice, and honey in a food processor or blender until smooth.
- Pour mango mixture into a metal loaf pan and place a piece of parchment paper on top, pressing directly onto surface. Freeze until sorbet is firm, about 6 hours.
- Remove sorbet from the freezer approximately 10 minutes before serving. Scoop into bowls and top with coconut chips, berries, and/or nuts. Serve and enjoy!
Do u ship to Louisiana ,,
? I put in a order it did let me use the 25 % off code when do you ship to Louisiana?
Hi Linda, yes! We now ship to Louisiana and so happy to hear that you’re excited to give us a try! Any friend codes or discount codes can be added at checkout or under Manage Subscription in your account page. If you have any issues with the checkout process, you can fill out a ticket with our customer success team here: https://misfitsmarket.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new Thanks!
Do u ship to South Carolina?
Hi Marla, yes! We ship to all zip codes in South Carolina. Enjoy!
How many does this serve?
Hi Micki, great question! This recipe can serve six small servings. But as with any frozen treat, the more the merrier!
Can you recommend a substitute for the vodka?
Hi Kam! You can just eliminate the vodka. The consistency will be a little less smooth when you scoop it out, but it’ll still freeze and taste just as delicious!
Is there a non- dairy version without the yogurt?
Hi Susan! Great question. Any non-dairy yogurt can work in this. In fact, a delicious coconut non-dairy yogurt would be delicious!
Not for me. The combination of lime and salt gave it more a frozen margarita flavor than smooth sorbet feeling. I’m not saying it was bad, just not in my taste zone. If I redo, I will probably go simpler with just mango yogurt sweetener and something like the vodka to help smooth it when freezing
What is you don’t have a metal loaf pan, could a plastic container work? Thank you!
Hi Theresa, totally! Any other container like glass, plastic, or silicone will work here.
I couldn’t taste anything but the turmeric. Similarly to Al C, it was what I imagine a turmeric margarita would taste like. So if you’re into those types of flavors, then try this recipe out. If not, I would stick with a traditional mango lassi recipe instead of this one.