Sure it might be a little over the top, but everyone deserves a cake every now and then—even your dog. Plus, if there’s a slice or two left over after your pup’s had its fill, it’s safe for human consumption, too.Print
- 2 very ripe bananas
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¾ cup water
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease two 6-inch cake pans or one 9-inch cake pan.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork. Whisk together peanut butter, honey, and eggs until well combined. In the same bowl, add flour, baking powder, coconut oil, and water. Mix again until smooth.
- Divide batter evenly into cake pans and bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until baked through and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let rest for 15 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely. Trim the tops of cakes to level and set aside.
- By hand or with a stand mixer, whip cream cheese until smooth and fluffy.
- Place one cake cut side down on a cake board or plate. Spread a layer of cream cheese over top then place the second cake cut side down over the frosting. Cover the rest of the cake with cream cheese and serve.