You read that recipe title right–and trust us when we say that once you try this silky avocado-laced hummus, you’ll never want to go back to the plain chickpea stuff. Part of the “cilantro tastes soapy” club? Feel free to swap in parsley for just as much fresh, herby flavor.Print
- 1 15-ounce. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ large avocado
- ½ cup tahini
- 2 garlic cloves
- ¾ cup cilantro, leaves and tender stems, plus more for garnish
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (about 1 large lemon)
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Optional: crumbled feta, for garnish
- Add chickpeas, avocado, tahini, garlic, cilantro, lemon juice, salt, and paprika to a blender or food processor, blend until smooth. With the motor running, stream in olive oil until very creamy. Taste and season with more salt if needed.
- Transfer hummus to a shallow bowl and top with feta (if using). Drizzle olive oil over top and finish with extra cilantro leaves. Serve with crackers, pita, and crudités.
Looking to add even more dip recipes to your repertoire? Check out our handy guide to find new favorites!