With so much going on these days, it’s easy to forget that Thanksgiving is just around the corner. No pie plan? We’ve got you. When we want homemade pie in minutes, not hours, we turn to this vegan pecan pie with coffee-chocolate filling and chewy crust.It’s the perfect pie for The Big Meal, too, since it requires no precious oven space and can be made at the last minute. Grab key ingredients in our Marketplace—pecans, flour, coconut oil, dates, coffee, spices—when your window opens this week and get ready to ditch Thanksgiving pumpkin pie for good.Print
Make this anytime pecan pie with a few key ingredients you can find in our Marketplace—pecans, dates, coffee, chocolate—and absolutely no oven required. This no-bake dessert even includes a vegan, raw crust that you’ll want to use time and time again for future pies of choice—not just for this upgrade on a classic.
- 2 cups almond flour
- 2 cups hemp seeds
- 4 tablespoons date syrup
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups dates, pitted
- 2 cups freshly brewed hot coffee
- 1/2 cup pecans, shelled
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup cashew butter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1–2 cups whole pecans (enough to cover the surface), shelled
- In a large mixing bowl, add crust ingredients and use a fork or clean hands to blend everything together until it forms a dough-like consistency.
- In a 9 1/2-inch tart pan, press the dough in to form a 1/2-inch thick crust. Transfer to the freezer.
- In the meantime, blend all of the filling ingredients in a food processor.
- When the filling is consistent and smooth, remove the crust from the freezer and slowly pour the filling into the pan. Leave a bit of space at the top, about half an inch, for the final layer of pecans to not overflow.
- Return to the freezer to chill for an additional 15 minutes. Then, assemble additional pecans on top of the pie.
- Chill in the refrigerator and serve chilled when ready. Enjoy!