It’s not a party without appetizers, so when we’re looking for a low-stress app everyone will enjoy digging into, we make this beet yogurt dip. The vibrant color alone will get plenty of oohs and aahs. To prep a crudités platter, check out your weekly box and go from there. You’re on the lookout for crunchy carrots, peppery radishes, tender lettuces, or even a couple of apples.Print
- 1 pound red beets, cleaned and trimmed
- Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Optional toppings: dill, chives, goat cheese, walnuts, sesame seeds, za’atar
- To serve: carrots, tomatoes, cucumber, celery, potatoes, crackers, bread, flaky salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Wrap individual beets in foil and place on a baking sheet. Cook beets until fork tender, about 1 hour.
- Remove from oven, let cool slightly, and then use a paper towel to rub to remove skin.
- Roughly chop the cooked beets, then add them to a food processor or blender. Pulse until finely chopped. Add yogurt and pulse to create a semi-coarse puree.
- Add lemon juice, mint leaves, 1 tablespoon olive oil, and a pinch of salt. Process to blend well. Taste, and season with more salt as needed.
- Transfer to a wide, shallow bowl. Drizzle with remaining olive oil, garnish with optional toppings, and serve!