For the cookies:
- 1/2 cup ForA vegan butter, room temperature, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Misfits Market canned pumpkin purée
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon dairy free milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of your standing mixer, cream together butter and both sugars on medium speed for about 2 minutes. Add in vanilla extract and pumpkin purée and beat again until just combined and smooth.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and fold to mix using a silicone spatula until there are no dry spots left. Scoop dough, 2 tablespoons at a time, and arrange on baking sheets with at least 1 inch of space between each cookie. Gently press each ball of dough down with the palm of your hand to flatten.
- Bake until golden brown, about 12-15 minutes. Then, let cool completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk together powdered sugar, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and milk to create a thin glaze. Use a fork to drizzle glaze over the cooled cookies and let the glaze harden before serving.
Store leftover cookies in an airtight container.