- 10 eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream (or a mix of cream and half & half)
- 1/3 cup mixed fresh herbs (like chives, dill, or parsley), minced
- 3/4 cup cheese of choice (like manchego, cheddar, Parmesan, or gouda), grated
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup alliums, or a mix of shallots, white onions, yellow onions, red onions, spring onions, scallions, and/or ramps
- 2–3 cups spinach leaves or sturdy leafy greens like Swiss chard, kale, or beet greens
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Aleppo pepper, chili flakes, sumac, or zaatar (optional garnish)
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 290 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Prepare non-stick pan with cooking spray or a light wipe of oil.
- In a bowl, whisk together eggs and cream. Season with salt and pepper and whisk in half of the herb mix and half of the grated cheese. Set aside.
- In a skillet, sauté allium mix and spinach/greens in olive oil over medium heat until soft, about 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer vegetables to oven-safe skillet or pan and distribute evenly over the pan’s surface. Pour in egg mixture. Garnish with remaining herbs and cheese and any desire spice(s).
- Carefully place pan in the oven. Bake for 7-10 minutes, then rotate pan 180 degrees, and bake for another 7-10 minutes. When frittata rises just slightly above the pan, nice and puffy, and the center is cooked through, remove from oven. Cool slightly and serve.