- 3 small cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1½ tablespoons rice vinegar
- Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- ½ tablespoon white sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 6-ounce salmon fillets
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 seaweed packs
- Preheat broiler to high and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- For the quick pickles: place cucumbers, rice vinegar, 1½ teaspoons salt, and sugar in a medium bowl. Use your hands to massage the cucumbers, mix in sesame seeds, then set aside.
- For the salmon: combine mayonnaise and sriracha in a small bowl. Coat the bottom of the lined baking sheet with olive oil, then place salmon fillets on top. Season all sides generously with salt, then spoon mayonnaise mixture evenly over top of both fillets.
- Bake until the salmon is mostly opaque but slightly pink on the inside and the top is golden and slightly charred, about 8-10 minutes.
- Serve immediately over cooked rice. Top with pickled cucumbers, sliced avocado, scallions, and seaweed on the side.