- 1½ cups neutral oil like canola, vegetable, or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- Peels from 5 large potatoes
- 1 teaspoon fresh chives, finely chopped
- In a medium pot, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Combine salt, black pepper, and paprika in a small bowl and set aside.
- Pat potato peels with a paper towel until very dry. Once the oil is shimmering, gently place 1 potato peel into the oil. If it begins to bubble immediately then the oil is ready. If not, let the oil continue to heat up. Once the oil is ready, fry a small batch of the peels at a time, cooking for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. With a spider, remove chips from the oil and transfer them to a paper towel-lined plate. Season immediately with salt-pepper-paprika mixture and let chips cool. Repeat with remaining peels.
- Serve chips topped with chives and enjoy!