- 2 stalks of leeks, sliced lengthwise and cleaned, then sliced into 1/4” pieces (you can also substitute with a half an onion, diced)
- 2 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 2 cups fresh peas or thawed frozen peas
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Coat a large saucepan with the olive oil and add leeks, tossing to coat evenly. Turn the heat to medium and sauté until they’re caramelized, about 5-10 minutes. Stir occasionally, adjusting the heat accordingly so the leeks don’t burn.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and peas to the pan. Cook for 9-12 minutes or until Brussels sprouts are cooked thoroughly. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the lemon juice and cheese over the vegetables and toss to coat vegetables evenly.
- Serve warm.