Don’t sleep on turnips! When roasted, this hardy root veggie goes from sharp and slightly spicy to mellow, creamy, and slightly sweet. That’s why we like to pair roasted turnips with honey and coconut oil, plus plenty of fresh herbs and a splash of lemon juice to brighten everything up.
(If you’re still struggling to use all of your misfit turnips, check out eight other ways you can use them.)Print
The best part about this recipe is if you’re looking to cook turnips with less sweet flavors, you can follow the same cooking method and swap honey and coconut oil for sea salt and olive oil.
- 3 extra large turnips, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons honey, plus extra for garnish
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon grated black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine turnips with honey, coconut oil, and salt.
- Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake until tender, approximately 30 minutes. Stir halfway through.
- Remove from oven and cover with juice from half a lemon and parsley. Stir to combine and transfer to a serving tray. Add freshly grated black pepper and a drizzle of additional honey. Serve and enjoy!
Sorry about commenting on recipe, that is not my concern. The last 3 deliveries have had spoiled product hat goes strait into trash. We are disappointed in that cost is no longer viable. What is up?
Hi, Craig. We appreciate you reaching out but are very concerned to hear about the way your produce was delivered and would like to address this as soon as possible for you. Can you please submit a request using our contact form https://www.misfitsmarket.com/contact-us? We’re more than happy to make this right.