For those nights you forgot that you had to cook dinner (it happens!), this summery side dish comes through in a pinch. Double the Middle Eastern-inspired sauce if you like for dipping crudité or drizzling over salads.
- 4 small green zucchini squash
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 1/2 cup tahini
- Juice of one lemon
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup microgreens (optional)
- Slice zucchini lengthwise, then cut each halve in half to create four pieces per zucchini Transfer to a large mixing bowl and coat with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Add tahini, lemon juice, water, and garlic to blender and mix until smooth in consistency. Set aside.
- Place a grill pan over medium heat. Grill each side of the zucchini slices for about 3-4 minutes.
- When ready to serve, transfer to a serving dish, drizzle with tahini sauce, and top with microgreens.