A simple stir fry is one of the easiest ways to use leftover rice and whatever veg you have on hand. As long as you have soy sauce on hand, you can pretty much use any grain, any veggie, and any garnish to achieve the same flavor. Get your filling protein from eggs served on top and have fun customizing this dish week after week!
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 red or yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup peas or green beans
- 1 cup cauliflower or broccoli florets, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups cooked rice (brown, wild or quinoa are all great alternatives)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons chives or scallions, sliced
- 3 cooked eggs (sunny side up, boiled, or scrambled are all great options!)
- In a medium-large skillet, bring oil to medium heat. Add in carrots, onion, peas, and cauliflower. Cook for 3 minutes before stirring.
- Add garlic and cook for an additional 3 minutes or until garlic is incorporated and the vegetables are soft.
- Add rice and soy sauce. Cook for an additional 3-6 minutes. Stir until well combined.
- In the meantime, fry or cook eggs according to preference—or omit if you’re vegan!
- When ready, turn off the heat and transfer the cooked eggs to top your grains and veggies. Garnish with scallions and serve immediately. Enjoy!