- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 48 ounces low-sodium chicken broth
- 3 pounds butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, plus more for garnish
- 1/3 cup whipping cream*, plus more for serving
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Olive oil
- In a large pot, melt butter over medium high heat. Add onions and garlic and cook until soft, about 8 minutes.
- Add broth, squash, and thyme to the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook until squash is fork tender, about 20-25 minutes.
- Using the Crux® Artisan Series 7.5″ Cordless Immersion Blender, puree soup until smooth. Stir in cream and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Divide soup among bowls and top each bowl with a drizzle of olive oil, cream, pepper, and thyme leaves. Serve with crusty bread and enjoy!
The Crux® Artisan Series 7.5″ Cordless Immersion Blender comes with an additional whisk attachment, which is perfect for turning the rest of your unused whipping cream into homemade whipped cream. Just switch to the whisk attachment. Then, in a chilled bowl, add leftover heavy whipping cream (about 1 cup) with 2 tablespoons sugar. Whisk for 10-15 minutes until thick and fluffy. Serve over pumpkin pie and other desserts.