- 2 cups butternut squash, peeled and cubed into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive, vegetable, sunflower, or canola oil
- 1 large yellow onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon green curry paste
- 3 cups chickpeas, cooked
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, plus extra for garnish
- Basmati or jasmine rice, cooked
- Add oil to a large pan and bring it to medium heat. Once warm, add the butternut squash and cook for 6-9 minutes, stirring occasionally, until squash begins to soften.
- Add onions and peppers. Cook for an additional 6-10 minutes or until the pieces soften and start to brown.
- Add coconut milk, green curry paste, chickpeas, and soy sauce. Stir until combined, then fold in the basil leaves. Cook for 10 more minutes, occasionally stirring.
- When ready, turn off heat. Give another stir, then serve with rice, or even boiled potatoes, and garnish with more fresh basil. Enjoy!