- 2 3/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 3/4 cups of cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- Butter for greasing the pan (about 2 tablespoons)
- Optional toppings: Sliced strawberries, semi-sweet chocolate chips, coconut chips, blueberries, peanut butter, strawberry jam—the options are endless!
- Position the rack in the middle of the oven and preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs, salt, vanilla, and sugar. In a separate, larger bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Pour wet mixture into dry and stir to combine.
- Butter a 18”x13” sheet pan and pour in the batter, carefully tapping the baking sheet to level the batter out.
- Top with strawberries and chocolate chips. (Or, add other desired toppings like peanut butter, jelly, coconut chips, and other sliced berries.)
- Put the sheet pan in the oven and reduce heat to 400 degrees. Bake for 17-23 minutes, rotating the sheet pan halfway through.
- Serve sliced with maple syrup, whipped cream, confectioners’ sugar, or a side of more fresh fruit, as desired.