- 2 slices of bacon
- 2 medium eggs
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 slice American cheese
- 1 tablespoon of water
- 1-2 tablespoons harisssa
- 1 brioche roll, sliced, scooped and toasted
- Place bacon slices in a non-stick sauté pan over medium heat and slowly cook the bacon until crisp, approximately 15 minutes. Transfer the bacon to a paper towel lined plate and set aside. Discard all but 1 tablespoon of bacon fat from the pan.
- Crack eggs into the pan, season with salt and pepper and let cook until the whites are firmly set and yolks are not overly runny, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add the cheese on top of the eggs, and add 1 tablespoon of water to the pan. Immediately cover the pan with a tight fitting lid for 15 to 20 seconds to allow the cheese to melt.
- To assemble, spread harissa on top of each half of the toasted buns. Add the egg with the melted cheese, the bacon and top with the bun. Dig in!