These savory/sweet fries make a delicious healthy-ish snack or the perfect side for virtually any main.
Parsley Lime Sauce:
- 1 bunch parsley (approximately 1 cup)
- 1 cup sour cream (can also substitute 1 cup of avocado for a creamy vegan version)
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small onion (diced)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Juice from 1 lime
- Salt and pepper to taste
Cajun Sweet Potatoes:
- 3–4 sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- Approx. 1/4 cup vegetable or olive oil (or enough to coat potatoes)
- Parsley Lime Sauce: Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor; add water as necessary to thin.
- Store in an airtight container and let sit for 3 hours so flavors meld.
- Baked Cajun Fries: Preheat oven to 425°F
- Cut potatoes in desired fry shape; we like them 1/4″ thick.
- Toss with oil and cajun seasoning.
- Spread potatoes onto a sheet pan so they’re evenly spaced (if too close they will steam rather than crisp).
- Bake for 35 minutes, turning fries mid way through cooking.
- After 35 minutes, raise heat to broil to brown edges for 3-5 minutes Be sure to watch the fries carefully so they don’t burn.
- Let cool and serve with dipping sauce or drizzle sauce on top.