No holiday season is complete without a tin of nutty brittle, and this one includes a fun sesame seed twist. This no-bake treat is perfect for gifting—and the best part is you can use your favorite nuts or whatever you happen to have in the pantry.
Get the recipe for Almond-Sesame Chocolate Brittle:
Sign up now to get your holiday groceries delivered with Misfits MarketPrint
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup almonds, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup white sesame seeds, plus extra for garnish
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- Flaky sea salt, for garnish
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray or coat with butter. Make sure all your ingredients are measured out and close to the stove before beginning, this brittle comes together really quickly!
- Add sugar, corn syrup, and water in a medium heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, string occasionally. Once mixture is at a boil, leave untouched for 1 minute.
- Stir in almonds and sesame seeds. Bring mixture back to a boil, cook until sugar reaches 300F, and becomes a golden amber color, 7 to 8 minutes.
- Turn off heat, mix in butter, vanilla extract, baking powder, and salt. The mixture should lighten in color and almost look frothy. Carefully pour the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Tilt the baking sheet side to side to even out the brittle. Let set for 30 to 40 minutes until brittle hardens.
- Add chocolate chips to a heat-safe bowl. Microwave in 15 second intervals, stirring in between until chocolate is melted. Pour chocolate over the brittle and spread into an even layer. Sprinkle extra sesame seeds and flaky salt over top of chocolate as garnish. Let chocolate harden, then break brittle up with your hands to serve.
Do your online grocery shopping with Misfits Market.