Here’s a reason to make some extra room in the fridge for a big juicy melon: chef Bobby Flay’s refreshing punch. If you’re anything like us, you’ll be getting as many BBQs on the calendar as possible before summer wraps up, and this crowd-pleasing punch is the perfect fresh, flavor-packed drink. Not feeling particularly boozy? No problem. Just sub out the tequila and triple sec and top your cup of punch off with a big bubbly splash of sparkling water or lemon-lime soda.
Watch Bobby make this refreshing punch in real time below. Cheers!Print
- 1 medium sized watermelon
- 2 1/2 cups silver tequila
- 1/2 cup Cointreau
- 8 cups (1/2 gallon) fresh grapefruit juice
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- Assorted fruit for garnish such as: raspberries, blueberries, and sliced strawberries
- Limes, cut into wheels
- Fresh mint leaves
- Ice ring
- Make watermelon juice: Cut the watermelon into large chunks. Using a blender or a food processor, add the watermelon and pulse, pressing fruit as needed with a plunger, until fully blended and smooth. Strain the mixture through a fine mesh strainer, reserving the juice and discarding any fibrous pulp.
- To make an (optional) ice ring for your punch bowl, fill a bundt pan (make sure the diameter of the bundt pan is slightly smaller than the diameter of your punch bowl) with water and extra sliced fruit, berries, and mint sprigs. Freeze overnight then invert it out and add to your punch bowl right before serving.
- To a punch bowl, add the watermelon juice, tequila, Cointreau, pink grapefruit juice, and lime juice, then stir. Garnish with the berries, lime wheels, and mint. If using, carefully place the ice ring into the center of the punch. Ladle into ice-filled glasses and enjoy.