Hummus is one of our always-in-rotation snacks. So reliable. So delicious. But lately we’ve been making it from scratch and realizing it should be treated as much more than a quick bite. You can slice raw veggies from your box and serve yourself a personal crudité platter, like we’ve done here. If you’re looking for something more filling, add falafel or spiced lamb and serve with pita. Sounds like dinner to us.Print
- 6 cups cooked chickpeas, drained
- 3/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 white or yellow onion, peeled quartered
- 3 tablespoon nutritional yeast seasoning
- Juice from 3 large lemons
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cold water
- Optional toppings: cilantro, feta cheese, diced red onion
- Optional pairings: sliced cucumber, carrot sticks, halved grape tomatoes, sliced bell peppers, pita chips, tortilla chips
- Add everything to a food processor or blender, except for the cold water, and pulse to combine.
- Continue to blend until smooth and consistent, adding in cold water ¼ cup at a time to loosen. Taste test and adjust as necessary.
- When ready to eat, add to a bowl or platter. Top with optional garnishes like fresh cilantro, feta cheese, and diced red onion. Serve with sliced vegetables and chips. Enjoy!