If your love language is expressed through food, we’ve got you covered for Valentine’s Day with a dinner perfectly portioned for two. Plus, thanks to just-in flavor-packed sauces from our friends at Omsom, dinner can be prepped and on the table in less than 30 minutes.Print
For the fried rice:
- 3 tablespoons neutral oil (grapeseed, vegetable, canola), divided
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, torn into 1/2-inch pieces
- Kosher salt
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cooled or leftover rice
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 1 pack Omsom Korean Spicy Bulgogi Starter sauce pack
- Egg yolks (optional)
For the salad:
- 4 scallions, very thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Kosher salt
- For the fried rice: In a medium skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of neutral oil over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, tossing occasionally until mushrooms are browned, 5-7 minutes. Season lightly with salt, then transfer mushrooms to a bowl and set aside.
- Add sesame oil to the rice and toss with hands to coat each grain. Add remaining 1 tablespoon of oil to the same skillet and cook garlic and scallions until fragrant, 1-2 minutes. Add rice to the skillet and toss. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to push the rice into a flat, even layer and cook until rice becomes slightly golden, about 2 minutes. Toss rice and repeat two more times.
- Add Omsom Korean Spicy Bulgogi Starter sauce pack and mix to coat the rice. Add mushrooms and toss to combine. While hot, divide rice evenly and serve with an egg yolk on top if desired. (Once served, mix egg yolk into the hot rice.)
- For the salad: Toss scallions and cilantro with vinegar, oil, and sesame seeds. Season with salt to taste and serve salad alongside fried rice.