- 1 pound spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated, plus more for serving
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heavily salt a large pot of water and bring to a boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions or until al dente.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant but not browned, about 1 minute. Add cream and lemon zest to the skillet and stir occasionally until simmering.
- Reserve 1 cup of pasta water before straining. Transfer pasta into the pan and toss to coat with cream mixture. Add lemon juice, Parmesan, and ¼ cup of pasta water into the pan. Continue to toss pasta until Parmesan is fully melted and emulsified into the sauce. (Add more pasta water if the sauce is too thick and more cheese if too thin.) Season with lots of black pepper and salt to taste.
- Divide among bowls, top with more Parmesan cheese, and serve.