- 1½ sticks (12 tablespoons) salted butter
- 1 12-ounce bag marshmallows
- 1 12-ounce box rice cereal
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Flaky sea salt
- In a large pot, brown butter over medium heat until butter is golden and smells nutty, about 5-7 minutes. Add marshmallows to the browned butter and mix with a silicone spatula until melted.
- Remove pot from heat and mix in vanilla extract. Add rice cereal slowly and mix to combine.
- Transfer cereal mixture to a parchment-lined baking dish and press down to form a 2-inch tall rectangle. (Tip: Use a small sheet of parchment to press down cereal mixture to keep your hands mess free). Sprinkle flaky sea salt on top. Let rice cereal treats completely cool, then cut into squares. Store in an airtight container.