Though simple, this salad is packed with a surprising amount of protein (thanks to quinoa and nuts) and lots of fresh veggies to keep you satisfied and full. Serve this as a sweet-yet-tangy side salad with heavier fall dishes or add a hard boiled egg on top for a complete lunch that will make co-workers jealous.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 small apples, thinly sliced
- 6 cups baby arugula
- 1/4 cup mint leaves, chopped
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together juice from 1 lemon, melted coconut oil, honey, apple cider vinegar, and salt to make the dressing. Pour over the cooked quinoa.
- Add cranberries, walnuts, sliced apples, arugula, and mint leaves and gently combine as to not to bruise the apples.
- Transfer to the serving plates and enjoy!