- 1 bunch dandelion greens, leaves only, fibrous ribs removed
- ½ cup fresh basil
- 2–3 garlic cloves, depending on their size
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Blanch the dandelion leaves in boiling, salted water for 30 seconds or so. Remove and immediately immerse in ice water to stop the cooking process. Remove the dandelion leaves from the water and squeeze out as much water as you can. You should have roughly ¼ cup of blanched dandelion greens.
- Add the blanched dandelion leaves, basil, garlic cloves, pine nuts, and Parmesan to a food processor and pulse until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- With the motor running, slowly add the olive oil in a steady stream and process until smooth and incorporated.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to one week.