- 1 large panettone, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon cloves
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- Optional: powdered sugar and maple syrup, for serving
- Grease a 3-quart casserole dish with butter, then arrange cut panettone in the dish.
- In a large measuring cup or medium bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and salt. Evenly pour the milk mixture on top of cut panettone. Cover dish snuggly with foil (without squishing the top pieces). Chill for at least 4 hours or overnight so the panettone is fully saturated with the milk mixture.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove foil and sprinkle brown sugar over top of the panettone. Bake until the center is set and the top is golden brown, about 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before serving. Dust the top with powdered sugar and serve with maple syrup if desired.