- 1 pound rigatoni
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 6 ounces fresh English peas or frozen peas
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 12 ounces premade Alfredo sauce
- 1 lemon
- In a large pot, bring heavily salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions or until al dente. Strain pasta and set aside
- In the same pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Once the oil is shimmering, add mushrooms and cook, tossing occasionally until golden browned and crispy, 4-5 minutes. Season generously with salt. Add peas and cook until bright green, 2 minutes. Turn heat to low, add alfredo sauce, and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Use a peeler to remove three 2-inch strips of zest from the lemon. Thinly slice the strips lengthwise and set them aside for garnish. Zest the rest of the lemon straight into the pot. Turn off heat, squeeze 1 tablespoon of lemon juice into the sauce, and mix to combine. Taste the sauce and add more lemon juice if desired. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide pasta into bowls and garnish with the strips of lemon zest. Serve immediately and enjoy!