There’s nothing better than juicy summer tomatoes and refreshing mint, and this Mediterranean-style salad combines both. We like this dish as a side, but it can be served as a vegetarian-friendly main dish, too.
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas
- 1/2 lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 medium seedless cucumbers
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 2 small sprigs mint
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup feta cheese (optional)
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- Drain and rinse chickpeas.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, and juice of half a lemon. Set aside.
- Slice cucumbers into 1/2-inch thick disks. Cut a red onion in half and slice into 1/4-inch thick slices. Pull mint leaves from the sprigs.
- Transfer vegetables to the bowl with the oil, vinegar, and juice mixture and toss gently to coat. Add optional feta cheese and red pepper flakes.
- Season with salt and pepper, serve, and enjoy!