- 3 cups cooked chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- Zest and juice from 1 large lemon
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 cups hummus
- 1/2 head lettuce
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup feta crumbles
- In a food processor or blender, add all of the falafel ingredients. Pulse in increments until the mixture comes together, scraping down the sides as needed.
- When the mixture is evenly distributed, scoop 1/4-cup portions and roll into balls. Then, flatten into small discs.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and add cooking oil. Transfer the discs to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- When ready, spread hummus onto a platter, then layer lettuce along the sides. Place the falafel on top, add onions and cucumbers, and garnish with feta.
- Optional: Finish with salt and pepper and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil. Serve and enjoy!