- 2 ears of corn, husks removed
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 6 small corn tortillas
- 2 cups protein like shredded rotisserie chicken, chickpeas, tofu, pork, or beef
- 1/4 cup queso blanco
- Using a secure cutting board, glide a knife down the sides of the corn to release the kernels. Transfer to a small bowl and compost the cobs.
- Add onion, jalapeño, cilantro, lime zest, and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper and toss until completely combined.
- Warm the tortillas in an oven or over a stove top flame.
- Divide your protein of choice among the tortillas, then add the corn salsa on top.
- Garnish with extra cilantro and crumble the cheese on top. Other toppings include diced tomato, chopped romaine lettuce, and extra lime wedges. Serve and enjoy!