This bright, no-cook salad has many layers of flavor—among them, smoky, sweet, and tart—that comprise a surprising slaw that you’ll return to time and time again.
- 4 large carrots
- 1 cup red or green cabbage, shredded
- 6 small radishes, sliced
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- 1/2 cup mint, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Dried cranberries for garnish
- Clean carrots and remove the leafy tops. (Save tops for a homemade carrot top pesto or to add to your favorite salad.)
- Hold the carrots down, using a cutting board as a sturdy base. Use a vegetable peeler and drag the peeler lengthwise to create long ribbons. Transfer ribbons a large mixing bowl.
- Add shredded red cabbage, radish slices, chopped mint, and scallions to the bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together oil, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the produce and gently toss.
- Garnish with dried cranberries, serve, and enjoy!