- 1 large delicata squash, peeled, seeded, cut lengthwise,
- and sliced into ½-inch half moons
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon canola oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons pomegranate molasses, for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons Marcona almonds, slivered almonds, or
- hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- Arils from 1 small pomegranate
- Flat leaf parsley (garnish)
- Season delicata half moons with salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, whisk together nutmeg, cloves, ginger, cinnamon, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper, and brown sugar. Whisk in 1 teaspoon of canola oil until combined.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon canola oil in a large sauté pan over high heat until it begins to shimmer. Add the squash half moons in one layer and cook for 1 minute. Reduce the heat to medium and brush some of the spice mixture over each squash piece and continue cooking for another minute.
- Carefully flip over the squash and brush the other sides with the spice mixture. Cook for 2-3 more minutes until tender. Transfer to a large plate.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a skillet over medium low heat and cook until the butter becomes a deep golden brown color, swirling the pan occasionally, about 3-4 minutes.
- Spoon some of the butter over the squash. Drizzle with pomegranate molasses, then top with almonds, pomegranate seeds, and fresh parsley. Serve and enjoy!