- 6 Portobello mushrooms, stems removed, wiped clean
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup unsalted hazelnuts, toasted
- 1 cup loosely packed Italian flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup loosely packed basil leaves
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed to a paste with the back of a chef’s knife and ¼ tsp kosher salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Brush a sheet pan lightly with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Brush the mushroom cap bottoms (gill side) with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the mushrooms gill side up on the sheet pan and place in the oven. Let roast approximately 12-20 minutes, depending upon their size, until the mushrooms are firm but soft and cooked through.
- While the mushrooms roast, make the hazelnut gremolata: Add the hazelnuts, parsley, basil, garlic, lemon zest, salt, and pepper to a food processor and pulse to fully combine. Scrape down sides of the container and then stream in the oil and pulse until fully incorporated.
- Once cool enough to handle, remove mushrooms from the sheet tray and place on a serving platter or plate. Spoon some of the gremolata on top of each mushroom and serve.