- 1 large head frisée lettuce, washed, dried, and torn into pieces
- 1/2 pound thick-cut bacon, cut into lardons (¼-inch thick by 1-inch long)
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar, divided
- 2 tablespoons spicy mustard
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups cold water
- 4 extra large eggs
- Tortilla chips
- Place bacon in a large sauté pan over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and crispy and the fat has rendered. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon to a plate lined with paper towels. Reserve the bacon fat for the vinaigrette and let cool.
- In a medium bowl, add 2 tablespoons vinegar, mustard, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Whisk until combined. Then, slowly stream in the cooled bacon fat, continuously whisking until combined.
- Bring water and remaining 1 tablespoon vinegar to a simmer in a high-sided sauté pan. Break the eggs, one at a time, into a ramekin and carefully slide the egg into the simmering water.
- Poach for 4-5 minutes or until fully cooked. Remove eggs with a slotted spoon to a plate lined with paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the frisée greens in a large bowl, add half of the vinaigrette, and toss to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide the dressed greens among 4 large plates and top with a poached egg. Garnish with crispy lardons, drizzle over more of the vinaigrette, and top with some crushed tortilla chips. Serve immediately and enjoy!