- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon orange-flavored liqueur like Grand Marnier
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Cara Cara orange zest
- Nonstick cooking spray
Cara Cara Orange Sauce
- 1 cup Cara Cara orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons Cara Cara orange zest
- 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 Cara Cara oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 12 crepes
- Cara Cara Orange Sauce
- Powdered sugar, for garnish
- 1 teaspoon pink peppercorns, crushed, for garnish
- For the crepes, whisk together the eggs and sugar in a large bowl until pale. Then, whisk in 1 1/2 cups of the milk, Grand Marnier, vanilla, orange zest, flour, and salt until combined. If the mixture is too thick, add the remaining milk until a thin consistency is achieved. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat an 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat for about 1 minute. Cover the surface of the pan with nonstick cooking spray until it gets sizzling hot.
- Ladle some batter onto the middle of the pan and immediately start swirling the pan to distribute the batter over the surface. Cook for 45-60 seconds or until lightly golden brown. Flip over and cook the other side for 20 seconds. Set aside on a plate and repeat with the remaining batter.
- For the sauce, in a high-sided skillet over high heat, bring the orange juice to a boil. Add sugar, butter, and zest, reduce heat, and simmer until the sugar has melted and the mixture is slightly reduced and syrupy, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat and add the orange liqueur and orange sections. Return to the heat and carefully tilt the pan so the liqueur ignites. Continue to cook until the flame subsides. Keep the sauce warm on the stove.
- For assembly, fold the crepes in half and in half again to form triangles. Working in batches, gently place three crepes into the sauce and let sit for 30 seconds to absorb some of the sauce.
- Use a spatula to remove the crepes and place onto serving plates—3 for each serving. Spoon some of the sauce and orange sections on top of the crepes and garnish with powdered sugar and pink peppercorns. Serve immediately and enjoy!