- 6 ounces dried spaghetti
- Kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup fresh sweet corn cut from the cob
- 3 tablespoons cold, unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1 cup Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, freshly grated, plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Season the water generously with salt. Add the spaghetti to the water and cook for 2 minutes less than directed on the package. Reserve 1 cup of the pasta water and drain the pasta. Set both aside.
- In a large sauté pan over medium high heat, add the drained spaghetti, 1/2 cup of pasta water, 1 teaspoon of black pepper, corn, and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally for 1 minute.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter to emulsify, stirring to incorporate and make sauce creamy, approximately 1 minute.
- Turn off the heat, add half of the cheese and stir to combine. If necessary, add a few splashes of reserved pasta water to reach the desired consistency and to ensure the sauce coats the pasta. Add remaining butter to the hot pasta and the remaining cheese and toss to coat. Garnish with chives, more black pepper and more cheese if desired. Serve.