No grill? No steak? Need an indoor alternative in case of a weekend washout? No problem! Whether you’re a self-described carnivore or prefer to go meat-free, you can still enjoy hearty “steaks” over the long weekend by serving up this tasty veg-inspired version featuring cauliflower. Serve these garlicky cauliflower steaks with all of your favorite summery side dishes like corn on the cob or a fresh tomato salad. (Just don’t forget an ice-cold drink to cool off.)
Watch now to learn how to make this delicious dish at home:
And here’s the full recipe for garlic Parmesan cauliflower steaks:Print
- 1 large head cauliflower
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves , roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh oregano, roughly chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra for baking sheet
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup parsley, leaves and tender stems only
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Remove the outer green leaves from cauliflower. Use a large sharp knife to cut the cauliflower lengthwise into 1/2″-3/4″ slices. Lay cauliflower steaks onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, thyme, rosemary, oregano, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Brush herb mixture onto both sides of cauliflower steaks. Roast for 20-25 minutes flipping halfway through, until cauliflower becomes golden brown.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and immediately sprinkle Parmesan over the cauliflower. Garnish with parsley and serve immediately.