- 6 bell peppers, tops removed and de-seeded
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup farro, quinoa, brown rice, barley, or oats, cooked
- 1 pound chorizo (ground, links, or vegan alternative)
- 1 cup Pepper Jack cheese, shredded
- Freshly-cracked black pepper
- Optional garnish: Scallions, chives, cilantro, diced
- Preheat 375 degrees. Set peppers, open side up, in a baking dish or on a lined baking tray.
- Add oil to a large saucepan and bring to medium heat. Add onions, zucchini, chorizo, and salt. Stir and cook for about 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Add and stir in the farro.
- Add the filling into the peppers so they are even filled but not overflowing. Cover with shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until cheese is browned and bubbly. (If the cheese starts to burn, cover peppers with aluminum foil.
- Remove peppers from the oven and top with optional scallions, chives, or cilantro, and black pepper. Enjoy!