There’s nothing better than juicy summer tomatoes and refreshing mint, and this Mediterranean-style salad combines both. We like this dish as a side, but it can be served as a vegetarian-friendly main dish, too.
1 1/2 cups chickpeas
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
2 medium seedless cucumbers
1/2 red onion, sliced
2 small sprigs mint
Salt and pepper
1/4 cup feta cheese (optional)
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
1. Drain and rinse chickpeas.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, and juice of half a lemon. Set aside.
3. Slice cucumbers into 1/2-inch thick disks. Cut a red onion in half and slice into 1/4-inch thick slices. Pull mint leaves from the sprigs.
4. Transfer vegetables to the bowl with the oil, vinegar, and juice mixture and toss gently to coat. Add optional feta cheese and red pepper flakes.
5. Season with salt and pepper, serve, and enjoy!