The perfect accompaniment to fresh veggies or pita chips, this ruby-toned dip is a stunner at parties.
1 small roasted beet
1 15-oz. can cooked chickpeas
1 large lemon (zested)
1/2 large lemon (juiced)
1 healthy pinch of salt and black pepper
2 large cloves garlic
2 tablespoons of tahini
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Wrap each beet in aluminum foil and roast them for 1-2 hours or until soft and tender.
3. Cool beets completely, then peel and quarter. Place in a food processor and blend until only small bits remain.
4. Add remaining ingredients except for olive oil and blend until smooth.
5. Drizzle in olive oil as the hummus is mixing.
6. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more salt, lemon juice, or olive oil if needed. If it’s too thick, add a bit of water.
Keeps in the fridge for up to a week